The end of this month is the end of a very long journey for my sister. After years and years and years (one more for good measure), her debut novel, “The Quest for the Holy Something or Other” is being released this Friday.
Of all the emotions we are experiencing right now, I’d say the predominant one is fear. That’s right FEAR.
And why shouldn’t we be? Most of what you read or hear about sales numbers and the success of marketing is pretty dismal. There isn’t a lot of good news out there for us in the DIY publishing world. And it’s only going to get harder they say.
Here’s the hearsay:
- the e-pub market is over saturated
- the novelty of e-books has worn off
- advertising does not increase sales
- a social media presence does not increase sales
- price promotions have become ineffective
- consumers are overwhelmed with…
View original post 323 more words